Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Lofty (S.M.A.R.T.) Goal

Every good business person sets goals, and apparently the way to go about it is to set S.M.A.R.T. goals – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-Bound.

So here we go:  Right now I have 13 sales through my Etsy shop.  I want 50!  Deciding by when though, to make it “time-bound”, is the tricky thing.  The timing also determines whether my goal is “attainable” and “realistic”.  My shop’s been open since the end of October, so averaging about 3 sales per month.  I’d like to at least double that average (hopefully it will increase on a curve, so while it might be less than 6 per month for the next few months, hopefully it will also increase to more than 6 per month after that), so let’s say 6 months from now, by midnight on September 13, I want to hit 50 sales!  (That’s a lot of 6’s!)

2 comments:

  1. hi there...
    i found you via your comment on kelly rae.s blog.
    isn.t she great.
    i think it.s neat to support other artists, so i came to your blog and think your necklaces are so lovely.
    so
    i went to your etsy store and bought one.
    i hope it helps with your sales goal.
    it has yellow birds and a wonderful green bead.
    thanks for sharing your talent.
    im now a follower and a fan.
    chrissy


    www.chrissygardner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Chrissy! I absolutely adore Kelly Rae. I am putting the necklace in the mail to you today, I hope you enjoy it.

    Just visited your blog, it's wonderful and I've added it to my Google Reader. I love your "Little Lifts", beautiful in so many ways.

    I look forward to our future interactions :)
    Averil

    ReplyDelete