Friday, May 14, 2010

Goal Update

Kimberly Wilson of Tranquility du Jour makes it a habit to create goals at the start of every month, and review her progress at the end of every month.  I was thinking about this wonderful habit when I realized that I had blogged about a goal I had for myself exactly two months ago. On March 13th, I wrote that I had sold 13 items through my Etsy store, and within 6 months I wanted to have sold 50.  Today, on May 13th, my Etsy sale total is up to 21, which leaves me with 29 to go in four months.  I have increased my average sales from three per month to four, so that is hopeful, but I need to increase that to just over 7 per month to hit 50 by September 13th.

I have also made more sales off Etsy (thank you work colleagues!) I still have hope I'll meet my original goal.  I have more items to list over the next few days, a couple more rings, and two new necklaces that I just need to take photos of them being worn before I list them on Etsy.

Do you set goals for yourself or your business?  And do you remember to do regular check-ins?

No comments:

Post a Comment